Think of all the things you need water for: showering, washing your hands, laundry, dishwashing, cooking, etc. But do you really know what’s in the water you’re using? Although the water coming into your home passes through a municipal treatment facility, it is still not as pure or clean as you think it is. Chances are if you don’t have a water filter installed, it is filled with chlorine and other contaminants that aren’t safe to ingest and aren’t effective for cleaning. A whole-house water filtration system is a great way to reduce harmful contaminants from your water supply. At Titanium Plumbing & Heating, we can help you select a filter that best suits your home’s needs and budget.
How Does a Whole-House Water Filtration System Work?
A whole-house water filtration system is installed directly to your main water line. As water comes from your local municipality, it will pass through the filter.
A whole-house water filtration system effectively removes the following from the water supply:
- Metals, such as arsenic, copper, iron, and lead
There are multiple types of filters available, but the most common ones are carbon and reverse osmosis.
The Benefits of a Water Filtration System
Typically, water that isn’t filtered tends to have a foul taste or odor to it. One of the many benefits of installing a whole-house water filtration system is that you’ll have an unlimited supply of clean water.
Other benefits of a water filtration system include:
- You won’t need to spend money on water bottles and will thus protect the environment
- Your skin won’t be as dry or itchy
- You will enhance the lifespan of your plumbing system and fixtures by reducing mineral buildup and scale
- You will ensure you still have clean water if the water supply ever becomes contaminated from a burst sewer line
- You won’t have to use as much soap
- Your drinking water will taste better
- Your clothes will be cleaner and less stiff
- You will reduce the risk of gastrointestinal problems due to bacteria, viruses, or parasites in the water
- You will have cleaner dishes without water spots
When you hire Titanium Plumbing & Heating for a whole-house water filtration system installation in Bergen County, we’ll go above and beyond for you. Our plumbers will provide you with unparalleled customer service. Our goal is to form long-lasting relationships with all of our customers.
To schedule service, give us a call at (201) 355-5582 or contact us online.